Alec Baldwin’s iPhone was handed over to police investigating the deadly shooting of a movie set | World news


Alec Baldwin has handed his mobile phone to investigators investigating the deadly shooting on his set, his lawyer said.

A search warrant was issued for the actor’s iPhone in December, but the Santa Fe County Sheriff’s Office had said earlier this week that he was still trying to get the device.

The Hollywood actor was rehearsing a scene in Rust and holding a prop gun when it went off, shooting live rounds that killed cinematographer Halyna Hutchins and injured director Joel Souza.

The search warrant issued by the state of New Mexico
Image:
The search warrant issued by the state of New Mexico

On Friday, Sheriff’s Department spokesman Juan Rios said in an email that Baldwin’s phone had been handed over to authorities in Suffolk County, New York, who were in the process of downloading relevant data to send to investigators. of New Mexico.

According to court documents, investigators will examine text messages, emails, social media communications, browser activity, and other information stored on the device.

Aaron Dyer, Baldwin’s attorney, confirmed that the actor had provided his phone to authorities Friday.

“But this is not about his phone, and there are no answers on his phone. Alec did nothing wrong,” Dyer said in a statement.

“The real question that needs to be answered is how did the live rounds get to the set in the first place,” he added.

Last week, Baldwin made any suggestions Failure to comply with your phone search order was a “lie”.

Use the Chrome browser to get a more accessible video player

Baldwin insists he is complying with the investigation

He added: “This is a process in which one state applies for another state. Someone from another state can’t come to you and say, ‘Give me your phone, give me your phone. this, give me this. ‘They can’t do this. They have to go through the state where you live.

“It simply came to our notice then.

“They can’t go through your phone and take your photos or your love letters to your wife or what you have, I really don’t know.

“But, of course, we’re going to be 1,000% compliant with all of that. We’re perfectly fine with that.”

Baldwin has repeatedly said he did not know the gun contained a live bullet and did not pull the trigger, saying investigators must find out who put it in the gun.

Alec Baldwin talks to Abc News about the shooting of Halyna Hutchins.  Image: abc
Image:
Alec Baldwin has denied pressing the trigger. Image: ABC

Baldwin said he met with filmmaker Hannah Gutierrez-Reed for a gun training session before filming, and that he seemed capable and responsible.

Ms. Gutiérrez-Reed has been the subject of much scrutiny in the case. His lawyer has said he did not put the bullet in the gun and believes he was the victim of sabotage.

Read more:
Alec Baldwin says “not a day goes by” that he doesn’t think about the death of Halyna Hutchins
Actor seen at the New York event in the first public appearance since the fatal shooting of the set


#Alec #Baldwins #iPhone #handed #police #investigating #deadly #shooting #movie #set #World #news

Similar Articles

Comments

Advertismentspot_img

Instagram

Most Popular